The Australian Quarter Horse Association is affiliated with the American Quarter Horse Association and share common interests with New Zealand and New Caledonia.
American Quarter Horse Association Mission Statement
To expand awareness of American Quarter Horses worldwide and to comply with and develop rules and procedures to assist the International Affiliates of American Quarter Horse Association in this endeavour.
An International Affiliate, of the American Quarter Horse Association, purpose shall be:
- The promotion and welfare of the American Quarter Horse
- To provide beneficial services for its members which enhance and encourage American Quarter Horse ownership and participation with the American Quarter Horse Association and International Affiliate;
- To generate growth of the American Quarter Horse Association and International Affiliate membership via marketing, promotion, advertising and publicity of the American Quarter Horse;
- To educate horse owners and the public regarding the benefits of registering eligible quarter horses with the American Quarter Horse Association;
- To address the concerns of American Quarter Horse owners in International Affiliate's country and communicate such concerns to the American Quarter Horse Association and, if applicable and appropriate, the country government; and
- To promote, both internationally and within the International Affiliate's country, country-bred and/or country-owned American Quarter Horses.