In order to have the transfer recorded with the Association, the purchaser of the horse must be a financial member of the Association.
Fill out the form below or download the Horse transfer form - Registry Forms
An authority for transfer form must:
- be completed in its entirety;
- provide the horse’s correct name and number;
- provide date of transfer;
- provide the name and address of transferee;
- be signed by the seller and the purchaser and can be lodged by either the seller or the purchaser with the prescribed fee; and
- be forwarded together with the registration or recording certificate of the horse to AQHA
ONLINE TRANSFERS - using the form below.
Please read the following information:
- the Vendor must select Vendor and fill out all questions and submit for processing;
- the Purchaser must select Purchaser and fill out all questions and submit for processing;
- the transfer fee must be paid by either the Vendor or Purchaser by contacting the AQHA Office
- the original registration or recording certificate is to be forwarded to the Association within fourteen (14) days of submitting the transfer online, or a penalty fee will apply;
- The Association will not give effect to the transfer until all paperwork and fees have been lodged.
Foals at foot that are sold with their dams, including the progeny of foundation mares, are subject to a separate Transfer Certificate if they have been registered or recorded
Foals at foot that are unregistered and eligible for registration should be registered by the vendor in the name of the new owner
Purchasers who require their horses to be transferred must ensure that all transfer requirements are met.